The National Check Payments Certification (NCP) program is open to available to all individuals and is not limited to those affiliated with ECCHO®
Individuals who pass the certification testing will earn the designation of National Check Professional TM (NCP®). It is vital for the NCP to stay abreast of current industry trends, payment system changes and other industry topics of interest. The NCP Continuing Education program is designed to guide the NCP in meeting the requirements to maintain their certification designation.
Once the NCP exam (Exam) has been taken and passed, the resulting certification is good for five years and may be extended
indefinitely by meeting the following program requirements:
– Within five years of passing the Exam, each NCP must complete both:
• Fifty (50) NCP Continuing Education Credits of approved Continuing Education
(subject to approval)
• Complete any three mandatory annual ECCHO NCP workshops in the five year period
CREDIT EARNING PERIOD:
CE CREDIT ELIGIBILITY GUIDELINES:
- Calendar year earning period. In the year you earn your NCP this is reduced to April 1 through Dec 31.
- Sources For NCP Continuing Education Credits generally include conferences, industry group meetings, user group meetings and many other training options (Educational Sessions) may be counted for Credits based on factors outlined in this section.
- Formats of acceptable Educational Sessions may include in-person meetings, lunch-and-learn sessions, webinars, teleconference training and video and/or audio on-demand self-paced study.
- Credits will be based on the inclusion of subject matter elements of the approved Blueprint which may be updated from time to time.
- Upcoming and past Credits that have been pre-approved by ECCHO can be found at www.eccho.org/ncpc_cont_edu.
- Pre-approved Credits will be posted as they are accepted into the program.
- Pre-approved providers and options are discussed in the next section of this document.
- Credits from sources without pre-approval by ECCHO can be filed.
- Filing of Credits for sessions not previously approved by ECCHO is based on the honor system and subject to review retroactively for Credit applicability.
- Each NCP must maintain documentation for a period of two years from the date of submission to ECCHO to support each Credit that is submitted to ECCHO.
- Documentation must include:
- Date of activity
- Name of provider or source/organization where Credit(s) was/were earned
- Provider contact information
- Type of activity (e.g; Conference, webinar, publication, volunteer, etc.)
- Session title
- Session Description of Pre-approved Course ID (if applicable)
- Name of instructor/speaker
- Number of Credits provided/earned
- ECCHO will perform random audits of submitted Credits (see below for Audit Process).
- ECCHO hosted sessions eligible for Credits include:
- ECCHO Rules training
- NCP Exam prep training
- Periodic ECCHOInsights presentations
- ECCHO-hosted NCP Workshops
- May be used for CE Credit after the two annual NCP Workshop requirement has been met
- Other Educational Sessions as defined from time to time
- May include either in-person or webinar-based Educational Sessions
- Review of archived recordings of “live” Educational Sessions can be claimed once for CE Credit in any 5 year renewal cycle
- Instructors/Speakers will receive double Credits for each session taught that aligns to an NCP Exam blueprint topic
- Must include at least three other individuals in the session – Maximum 15 Credits per year.
- Publications – one Credit per 500 words published
- Must be on an NCP Exam Blueprint topic – Maximum 10 Credits per year
- Fractional Credits will not be given for publications
- ECCHO volunteer services eligible for Credits include:
- In-person ECCHO Operations Committee or Subcommittee meetings – 6 Credits per meeting.
- In-person ECCHO Board of Director meetings – 6 Credits per meeting.
- ECCHO Board of Director Officers – 3 Credits per year (does not include Executive Committee).
- ECCHO Operations Committee Chairperson – 3 Credits per year.
- ECCHO NCP Class Instructor Certification (Training of Educational Partners) – maximum 15 Credits per year.
- Examples of ineligible programs include, but are not limited to:
- Sales presentations
- Product specific presentations
- Career advancement training
- Software training
- Exhibit booth duty
- ECCHO Subcommittee conference calls
|NCP CE Credits|
| C.E. Credit (member)||$50.00||Annual filing deadline is March 31st following the year that the credits are earned|
| C.E. Credit (non-member)||$75.00|| |
| Late C.E. credit filing fee||$100.00||Late filing fee – filed after 3/31 and prior to 4/30. This fee is in addition to the normal annual filing fee|
| Extension Fee (member)||$200.00||To earn and file Credits after the normal 12/31 deadline must be filed by 12/31|
| Extension Fee (non-member)||$250.00 || |
|NCP CE Workshops|
| Workshop||$199.00|| |
|CE Credit Providers|
| C.E. Credits – Educational Partner||$0.00|| |
| C.E. Credits – FM/PM||$0.00 || |
| Approved provider||$100.00|| Per credit (50 minutes)|
|Additional NCP Certificate||$12.50|| |
Additional Lapel Pin